Is This Position For You?
Factory Collision and Restoration is currently accepting applications to replace our outgoing shop manager. We intend to hire as soon as possible, so applicant can train with current manager before he moves out of this area in late spring/early summer.
Getting tired of insurance companies direct repair programs? Being forced to cut corners to enhance cycle time and carrier profits at the cost of your conscience?
Factory Collision and Restoration is one of the few completely independent collision centers in New England. We work for our customers not their insurance carriers. With no referral agreements with any insurance company, we focus on safety and quality of the repair work before all else. And we do not allow insurance company to bully us into half fast, cheap repairs.
When we are not repairing every day collisions, we are working on our awarding wining restoration, custom auto, and motorcycle projects. We are a small family owned business. Everyone helps out with everything. If taking the trash out is beneath you, this is not the job for you. The office structure may be a bit unusual to those with insurance company or dealership experience, but is based on a common sense approach that is simple to adapt to.
All 4 office staff members work in harmony through each and every job.
The shop manager’s main responsibilities will be:
- Overall management of the insurance collision work.
- Production management including daily production meetings with the all 7 techs.
- Parts coordination including ordering part and management of established accounts with existing vendors
All initial supplements are written by shop owner, the manager mostly negotiates with insurance company representatives and audits afterwards. Shop owner handles most aspects of the restoration, motorcycle and custom projects. Secretary helps with customer contact, insurance company contact, and general greetings, as well as parts receiving.
While the Office Manager’s primary responsibilities revolve around bookkeeping, she is also a fully trained shop manager that doubles as an assistant to the shop owner and manager.
The general idea is that there is always support to get the job done.
Candidates must have the following:
- A valid driver’s license with a relatively clean record, (everyone has gotten a ticket in their life, if you have been convicted on OUI ten times in your life keep looking.)
- A current MA ADALB license to appraiser damaged motor vehicle in good standing.
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience as a shop manager or shop appraiser
- Computer experience with CCC One, Mitchells’ Ultramate, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen if requested by Factory Collision (opioid addicts need not apply; they should really be seeking professional help for their disease, not a job.)
- A good attitude.
- A sense of humor.
- Must be animal friendly.
- Knowledge of I-CAR and Verifacts training programs with goals towards OEM certification programs a huge plus, but not a requirement to be hired.We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday-Friday work week
- And other perks
If this sounds like a good fit, please complete a short online application, you’ll also be able to upload a resume (not required) if you have one you’d like to share with us.